The leaning tower of Teluk Intan (Anson) is the Malaysia equivalent of the world famous Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy. It is located in the centre of the town of Teluk Intan, Perak. The tower is slanted leftward, similar to the Tower of Pisa. It is 25.5 metres tall and, from the outside, looks like a 8 storey building, though inside it is actually divided into 5 storeys.
The tower was built under the guidance of contractor Leong Choon Chong in the late 19th century. However, it was claimed by a british, Neol Danison, and then the Japanese during their occupation of Malaysia in 1941. During this time, the tower became the Japanese’s watch tower.
After Independence, in the year 1957, the tower became an official national monument.